Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Way toooo tired last night!

Didn't update what we did yesterday (Monday) because when I got home I was totally exhausted! The early mornings are starting to catch up with me. It is now 4:50 am on Tuesday - I have to meet my crew at 6:30 to go up and prepare for another downhill training run for the Ladies. I can see out my window that it has snowed in the village - good news is that it is cold enough down to the bottom of the mountain bad news is that we will have to get rid of the snow before the Ladies can have their run.
Yesterday was a very exciting day! Our crew was up early and took care of cleaning the safety net and side slipping the edge of the course. By the way - when you go up on the hill before dawn you have to ski with a headlamp as there are a very limited number of lights on the hill. The hill was very hard and fast! The ladies started their run at 10:00 so we watched a few of them - then we went over to the men's course at 10:30 and watched most of the race from the Weasel. It was very exciting. There was a PA system at the public viewing location that we were at - it updated us as to each racer's time and what was happening on the course. The cheering for each racer, especially the Canadians, was deafening! Too bad for Manny and Robbie they did not ski nearly as well as they are capable of but Eric did really well with a 5th place! Our crew didn't make it to the bottom during the race so we weren't able to see the stadium filled with fans - hopefully our crew will be assigned a spot closer to the bottom so that we can see and hear the stadium.
My brush with fame came yesterday when I walked about a foot away from Bode Miller. He had just come up from the bottom and was standing on over to the side when you get off the Gondola - I didn`t see his until I was almost beside him!
No pictures today - I will update the blog tonight post some pictures. Thanks for al the comments - really great to hear that you enjoying my adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Janey; finally got a chance to read thru, great job kiddo! I'll have to make sure I read daily now as it sounds very exciting - we're very happy for you! Saw Boomer for most of his Bogie runs on the weekend where he of course won easily, and I say easily as he didn't look like he was working that hard, but his times sure were good. Looking forward to the dinner and slide show at BGL this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of this! I look forward to reading it every day, and I look at all the pictures. I'm going to have to take Russian lessons so I have a chance of going to help at the next winter Olympics. Keep it up.
    -sister Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teacher Cher showed us this and i showed it to my family,it is so awesome how you are a volunteer.
    Keep livin the dream Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete