Monday, February 1, 2010

7 Days and counting!!

I leave one week from today!! Getting excited but a lot to do to get ready to go!

I sent a box of "stuff" to Whistler last week - nervous about the 50 lb limit on Air Canada - thought I would have way more gear then 50 lbs! I need 2 ski suits and 2 sets of rain gear, insulator jacket, crampons, head lamp (for early mornings and late at night working on the hill), extra gloves, plus all the stuff I need for 3 weeks. We do get a uniform but it is only a shell and you need to layer underneath it. Whistler weather in February can be almost anything - from really cold to rain and foggy! Hopefully for the Olympics it will be around -5C and sunny the entire time!!

I have been working hard to prepare for this adventure - have been working out with Rich Childs at the Step Up Gym in Chelsea since the beginning of November. I knew that I would have to be in good physical shape to endure the long days of physical labour that being on course crew will involve. He did a fantastic job of getting me into shape! Thanks Rich!

This week will be all about packing and organizing things for my family so that everything runs smoothly while I am away. Stephen and I are taking Jillian to Le Relais outside Quebec City for a race on the weekend - we leave on Thursday and will return on Sunday night. I leave at 5:25 pm Monday, Feb 8th. I really need everthing to be ready before I go on Thursday.

I will update this blog a couple of times before I go and hope to post as frequently as possible during my Olympic Adventure. Thanks for following along with me and sharing in my adventure!

6 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment and say how excited I am for you! Have a blast Jane! We will be following you on your "Olympic" journey! XO Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped on the blog and want to wish you an awesome time out there, Jane! Looking forward to your tales from Whistler. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I am soooo excited for you. I enjoyed working with you so much...we had so many laughs together! Have fun, enjoy your time and above all be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! I definitely will be following along on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your aunt and cousins are all really happy for you, have a ball.

    ReplyDelete